September 13, 2004

No Words

I was going to put this in the Overheard section, but it just seemed more important than that.

On September 11th, at one of the memorials, someone (I don't remember who) said:

A child who loses a parent is called an orphan. A man who loses his wife is called a widower. A woman who loses her husband is a widow. But we have no name for a parent who loses a child, because there are no words for that kind of pain.

It's true, and because I cannot put it any better than that person did, I'll just say "I'm so sorry," to everyone out there who has lost a child, living or unborn. There are no words.

1 comment:

Darbi said...

Stumbled upon your blog....I'm not in your situation (in fact as far from it as i could probably get), but I really enjoyed reading through your posts. You've got a great sense of humor. I hope everything works out great for you and "the King". I will be checking back. :-D