September 05, 2006

I Like Box Cake and I Hate Martha Stewart

Sorry for the lack of postiness this morning--it's been a hell of a day. I was awakened at 5:30 this morning by the King's cussing and throwing of objects about the house. He had lost his military ID, which is a major problem because he had a huge meeting early this morning, and without his ID, he couldn't get onto the base where is office is. Very bad.

Unfortunately, his piss-offedness also woke up the Princess, two hours early, which totally sucked. So she's crying, he's cussing, and I had a ton of work to do today, which I was hoping to get going on while she was sleeping. It was not a good start to the day.

And I also volunteered to bake a cake for a going-away party this afternoon, and yes, it is a mix from a box, why do you ask? Because, no, I'm not Martha freaking Stewart, and I actually like box cake. I also unabashedly like Taco Bell and America's Next Top Model. So there.

No comments: