October 15, 2004

Stupid Ovulation Crap

Well, the nurse-practitioner from Walter Reed called today to tell me that the Clomid didn't work--I didn't ovulate and my progesterone levels are "very, very low." I already knew that I didn't ovulate, so I didn't think it would matter much, but it was actually very painful to hear it from a medical expert. She prescribed me a double dose for the next, and final try at Clomid, but I know that it's going to be four months before we are able to use it, because of the King deploying.

I know that my suffering is so much less than theirs, but I feel like I've joined Grrl's list of women in pain even more today than most days. I haven't had eight miscarriages, or found out that my eggs are nonviable, and I feel awful for the women who have, but like Grrl herself says, it's not a competition. We're all just feeling shitty together.

1 comment: