January 12, 2007

Proper Documentation Is Required

The King and I have a baby book for the Princess. It's big and pink, and it was the fanciest one I could find; it cost $80. We carefully fill in every one of her firsts, from her first step to her first bath to her first swallow of food that didn't come out of my over-taxed boobs. I seriously considered putting her first pee in the potty in there, but that seems like a step too far, even for me.

Yesterday, we were discussing our potential second child, and I said, "You know, we're going to be so busy--and so much more relaxed--the second kid's baby book is never going to get filled out. The kid's going to be like ten and he's going to find his completely blank book and say, 'Hey, what's up with this? Why didn't you fill this in?'"

The King said, "Yeah, and we're going to say, 'Hey, you can talk? When did that happen? Well, if you're so smart, fill it in yourself! You remember doing all that stuff, right? Here's a pen.'"

No comments: