December 06, 2006

Apparently My Genes Are Weak

I was terrified of roller coasters as a kid; I didn't ride one until I was 17 years old. In fact, I am afraid of all things remotely dangerous--sky diving, bungee jumping, improperly cooked chicken.

My daughter's favorite thing to do in the entire world is be flung out of my arms, shooting skyward, until her head snaps back and she falls back to earth. The higher and more horrifying, the better. She hasn't smacked her head on the ceiling yet, but that's only because I threatened the King with a knife that if he ever threw her that high, I would eviscerate him.

Mexican food is my favorite food ever, ever, ever, and applesauce looks like beige glop to me. The Princess thinks refried beans are a pox designed to make her throw up, and applesauce is the forbidden fruit, puree style. She can't get enough of it.

I'm starting to think maybe the King had a little fling with our mailwoman.

No comments: