August 31, 2005

From Sore Ass to Funky Stomach

I haven't posted lately because, although the enormous pain in my ass has mostly cleared up, for several days I've been having Braxton-Hicks contractions. I'm only having a few a day, so I'm trying not to worry. My nurse-practitioner was completely unconcerned on the phone, so I haven't gone to the ER about them, but it's definitely odd. I'm only 18 weeks along today, and they don't normally start until at least 20 weeks, or even much later, in first pregnancies. I'm trying not to think the words "preterm labor," "bed rest," or "premature stillbirth" at this point, although it's hard.

1 comment:

lisa said...

gak, how scary. I think I was about 20 weeks when I had a few scary days of those, at one point 3-5 minutes apart for an hour. Then they went away, and I rarely had them afterwards. Of course, I did have the premature baby, so I'm not sure if that's a helpful anecdote or not :/

I'm sure you've gotten the whole "lie down, drink a whole glass of water, take deep relaxing breaths" spiel. That always worked for me, at any rate.

I hope they're getting better now.