March 31, 2005

Rotten Eggs Is Going on a Whirlwind Tour

By which I mean, of course, that I'm totally ditching you for the next five weeks whilst I take a fabulous cross-country trip with the King before moving to gorgeous, temperate, heavenly Honolulu where I will live for free on the taxpayer's dime and work for myself from a laptop on the beach.

No, I'm not kidding. Aren't you jealous?

Seriously, though, I'll try really, really hard to post at least once a week between now and May 6th, and I'm sure our jaunt across the highways and byways of America will lend itself to many good posts, especially as we're visiting both of my best friends from junior high school, neither of whom I have seen in ten years. And one of whom I used to hate because she said she would be my bridesmaid and then didn't show up to my wedding. She gave me two weeks' notice that she wasn't coming because she didn't want to have to be away from her husband for a whole two days to fly out to Georgia and be in my wedding.

Now she's trying to make it up to me. We'll see.

Anyway, I love you and I'll miss you all terribly! I'll get back on here as often as possible and tell you all about the glory of the Flying J Truck Stop and what it's like to hang out at the local gas station on Friday night in rural North Carolina. It'll be fun, I promise, so don't totally abandon me, okay?

3 comments:

MsPrufrock said...

Best of luck with the move, and gee...sounds like it will be a rough life out there. I hope your trip is fab, and I look forward to your eventual return.

Anonymous said...

“temperate” Honolulu, hummm ... not so sure about this. You know it gets fricken hot and muggy here? Well okay not THAT hot or THAT muggy, and it’s been kinda cool, rainny, and windly recently. Sure, sure you may laugh at my description of Hawaii being cool but just you wait until your blood thins and it dips into the low 60s upper 50s and you’re living in a house with single wall construction and no heat, then you’ll change your tune. It’s been cold recently!

At any rate I’ll miss your frequent updates and I’m looking forward to reports from your road trip (fun), not to mention I’m dieing to hear your take on lovely, expensive, sometimes backwards, but still the best palce on earth (IMO) Hawaii.

have a great time
-Anne

Nico said...

Looking forward to reading about all your adventures. Enjoy!!